Kathy Hosler with Pet Boarding & Daycare Magazine sat down with three representatives from online pet reservation companies. One of those three was our own Chris Tilson! Kathy lists some of the benefits for both business owner and pet owner:
- It’s convenient. With the technology explosion, many people simply prefer to do it themselves. They like to compare the different kennels and their services and decide for themselves what they want. Then they can book anytime 24/7, pay their deposit, and get immediate confirmation of their reservation.
- They don’t have to leave voice mail messages or send email inquiries and wait for the kennel owner to return them.
- Booking online is very straightforward. The client can see what the different kennel’s policies are, see their pricing, look at their options and add-on services, and see if they have vacancies.
- If they have a need for a last-minute booking for their pet, they can just go online to look for vacancies instead of calling every kennel in the phone book. Using an online booking service benefits the kennel owner as well:
- You don’t have to have a website. You do need a computer or other device, and you must have Internet access so that you can manage your facility’s information on the booking site.
- You can make instant changes on your site, such as adjusting your prices, running a promotion, or requiring a minimum stay.
- You don’t have to have a merchant account to process credit cards for client deposits when they make their reservations. The online booking service takes care of that and direct deposits the funds into your bank account.
- The service is available 24/7, so you don’t miss any opportunity.
- You will have fewer phone messages to return and fewer email inquiries when pet owners can see all your information and pricing online.
- There is less “selling” on your part. Pet owners see what you have to offer, and things like extra services sell themselves. This helps you maximize your revenue with each reservation.
- You have increased revenue instead of empty rooms.
- You only pay when you get bookings. “It’s like a partnership when a kennel signs up with us,” says Chris Tilson. “It is our mission to help each business get the most exposure. We take the consumer from the initial click on the site to the confirmation of the completed reservation.”
You can find the full article here: http://www.barkleigh.com/pbd/current_issue/article11.html
If you have any questions at all, we’re happy to help! Reach out anytime!